Users of Dynamics 365 can utilise the Warehouse Management to monitor and automate warehouse processes. The Warehouse management module for Microsoft Dynamics 365 lets you manage warehouse processes in manufacturing, distribution, and retail companies.
For example, on top of all the standard WMS jobs you can use the features in this module to complete tasks in the following areas.
- Workflows – Configure inbound and outbound intelligent workflows.
- Picking and packing – Assign orders to clusters to pick from a single location and configure profiles to control the validation and packing of items into shipping containers. Alternate between picking strategies for batch and non-batch items.
- Wave processing – Create, implement, and release work using batch-scheduled or manual processing of waves.
- Inventory counting – Set up cycle counting thresholds, create cycle counting plans, schedule plans, and cycle count locations and items ad hoc.
- Containerisation – Set up container groups to order the sequence of the packing process and create templates to support packing strategies.
- Mobile devices – Use scanners or other mobile devices to optimise precision in the picking and put-away processes.
Transportation management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 lets you use manage your company’s transportation, and identify supplier and routing solutions for inbound and outbound orders. For example, you can identify the fastest route or the least expensive rate for a shipment.
To optimise the flow of items into and out of warehouse locations, you can use the appointment scheduling feature in Transportation management. For example, you can manage the availability of docks for loading and unloading items to avoid issues if multiple carriers arrive at a location at the same time. You can also receive notifications for scheduled appointments.
To handle flows of inventory items into and out of a company’s warehouse location to a customer or intermediate location, you can create loads. You can plan rates and routes for the loads. You can also pick, put, and pack for outbound orders using Microsoft Dynamics 365 on a computer or a mobile device.
To find out how Warehouse Management and Transportation Management processes can be tailored to manage your business more effectively: