Microsoft Dynamics AX in brief
Microsoft Dynamics AX is an integrated, adaptable business management solution that enables you and your people to make business decisions with greater confidence. Microsoft Dynamics AX works like familiar Microsoft software such as Microsoft Office, which means less of a learning curve for your people, so they can get up and running quickly and focus on what’s most important. Because it is from Microsoft, it easily works with the systems that your company has already implemented. By automating and streamlining financial, manufacturing, customer relationship, and supply chain processes, Microsoft Dynamics brings together people, processes, and technologies, increasing the productivity and effectiveness of your business, and helping you drive business success.
Microsoft Dynamics AX in Detail
Microsoft Dynamics AX is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution that is easy to learn and use. With Microsoft’s ERP solution you can deliver value faster, maximise your business opportunities, engage users and drive innovation across the organization
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions for industry include supply chain management and finance, manufacturing resource planning (MRP), human resources, operations management, service and customer relationship management (CRM). Well it does with Microsoft Dynamics AX, and more. Providing a solution that will enable your business to grow and change as it evolves over the years, without the need to completely replace systems or “make do”.
Microsoft Dynamics AX is an ERP business solution that helps enterprises increase the speed of doing business. Dynamics AX enables people to make smarter decisions on the go with access to real-time insights and intelligence on nearly any device, anywhere. Businesses are able to create their business processes faster, which leads to increase in innovation and quicker time to value. The Dynamics AX solution also gives businesses the ability to grow at their pace through the choice and flexibility, allowing them to scale their operations globally.
With over 30 Dynamics AX go-lives to our name we are experienced professionals working with the whole stack of software, hardware and services, providing you with a complete solution for implementation, on-going support and helpdesk and full infrastructure management and guidance as needed. Microsoft have used us to help sort out problems and issues. If they think we are the ones to do that, why wouldn’t you.
Contact ibrl to start the discussions towards getting Dynamics AX as the solution to your business needs.
The latest version of the award winning product was released on the 8th March 2016 and Microsoft advise us that the on-premise version is planned for later in the year.
Unlike the previous versions of Dynamics AX, this new release does not include the year or industry-specific sector as part of its name, and has been built as a cloud-first solution on Microsoft Azure. This will enable Microsoft to provide ongoing service and management updates. The company will also implement a new subscription pricing model to make it easier for organisations to purchase the solution.
Featuring a new touch-enabled user interface that looks, and works, like Microsoft Office, Dynamics AX integrates with Dynamics CRM, Skype, Office 365, Azure Machine Learning and Power BI. This will provide users with near-real-time analytics and the ability to visualise data from within the Dynamics AX application.
The new release also introduces continuous management services that enable the software to quickly adapt to an organisation’s business needs, as well as a browser-based HTML5 client. This allows users to access Dynamics AX via various devices and easily build or extend business-specific mobile applications.
In addition, the new release introduces enhancements to Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services, an Azure-based service that allows for turnkey deployment with pre-built, industry-specific solutions available in the Azure Marketplace. The platform delivers a more flexible solution architecture that enables incremental implementations, changes and updates, which will increase business agility.
Users who want an on premise wholly purchased solution will have to wait until the latter part of 2016 before Microsoft releases that version.
Ibrl are already working with a client on an AX 7 implementation and we look forward to sharing our knowledge with both new and upgrade customers in this area. Contact us to find out more about AX7.
Don’t fall behind, catch up! Follow the link below, sign in, enter a whole new AX experience.
Dynamics AX 2012
The latest live release for on premise solutions is the AX2012R3. That’s the 3rd release of this impressive product.
Drive business performance
A modern business leader needs to drive business performance with a holistic view of their business and they need the right, up-to-date data to make informed decisions. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 combined with Microsoft analytics tools helps business professionals get invaluable business insights, so they can anticipate business needs and help enable the delivery of competitive advantage.
Work smarter with connected operations
To keep pace with rapidly evolving business models enabled by the fourth industrial revolution, organisations must work smarter. Keep up with the pace of business through modern connected operations solutions from Microsoft that accelerate new product introductions and enable agile, intelligent manufacturing and supply chain execution; including:
- Drive agile shop floor execution – Manage your production floor, enhance productivity and global visibility with operational workspaces.
- Introduce intelligent order fulfillment – Empower your employees to explore remediation options for your customers by increasing global visibility of your inventory, manufacturing and logistics.
- Accelerate product introductions – Reduce risks and test new product ideas, confident in your company’s ability to fulfill demand using intelligent and digital manufacturing
- Accelerate global expansion with flexible deployments – Offering businesses the ability to leverage the power and flexibility of the Microsoft cloud to scale their operations globally
- Deliver seamless commerce and omni-channel excellence Hosted & scalable E-Commerce Services usable with 3rd party online stores.
- Achieve effective merchandise management – Getting ahead of trends and then effectively planning and delivering upon them is what sets apart market leaders from the rest of the pack
- Drive Intelligent Operations – From large organisations to small, it is very important to ensure the effective movement of a product from procurement through sale to re-order.
Deliver amazing customer experiences with Microsoft Dynamics AX
Today’s customers interact with brands across a wide range of touchpoints throughout their shopping experience. Customers use social media to read reviews, smartphones to conduct research and they expect to find information fast. They are also becoming more impatient and are expecting an immediate, personalized service.
The latest available version of Microsoft Dynamics AX has been created to help organisations better manage these changing demands.
- Make smart decisions quickly – Get real-time insights in a mobile, familiar and easy-to-use experience to be more productive, faster.
- Transform business faster – Help improve your business planning and execution through predictable implementation.
- Monitor the pulse of your business – Drive corporate performance with business insights and intelligence.
- Assess and manage risk – Gain increased visibility to organisational risks with a single view into your business.
- Drive corporate strategy and growth – Grow your business using the flexibility and choice of the Microsoft cloud.
Dynamics AX3, 4, 2009
There are many companies around the world that are still utilising these versions. If you are a customer who has one of them and wants to know what is the best way to move forward contact ibrl to utilise our best knowledge to help you plan a route forward.