Timing, they say, is everything and that’s never been more important than in the production of food in the UK. From farmers at the beginning of the food chain, to the processing and packaging companies through to the restaurateurs serving the public, the complex procedures that are integral to the smooth running of the food conveyor belt require precision timing and informed decision making. In recent years, the companies in this vital industry have been looking to technology to provide a robust ERP solution that can help to ensure efficient operations; the companies highlighted in the video, ‘From Field to Fork’, many companies have harnessed the power of Microsoft Dynamics 365 to streamline their operations.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 provides a powerful Food Supply Chain business management solution. It enables companies in the Fresh Produce and Food Processing supply chain to move, track, and trace products—in real time—getting stock to market with speed, efficiency, and transparency, enabling increased profitability as well as meeting the ever increasing legislative requirements.
Operational efficiencies, integration, and access anywhere can be obtained in Dynamics 365 to:-
- Streamline traceability across your entire production process—from farm to fork—to meet British Retail Consortium (BRC) accreditation and customer audit requirements.
- Help improve order accuracy, cut admin, and dramatically reduce transaction costs via integrated EDI.
- Automate quality control testing and the production of both customer-specific product specifications and Certifications of Analysis (COAs).
- Get real-time visibility and traceability of stock movements.
- Learn from rapid access to key performance indicators and business intelligence data.
- Gain improved operational efficiencies and help increase business profitability.
- Track key dates, “best before”, “use by”, “display until” and understanding which are exempt from food dates and keeping to the General Food Law Regulation (EC) 178/2002.
- Provide the ability to meet the requirements of revised European Union food additives legislation
At Annata Ltd we have the knowledge and understanding of how to help companies working in this industry to get the best from Dynamics 365.